Frequently Answered Questions

Why is there a registration fee?

The Joppatowne Recreation Council, Inc. is a separate entity from Harford County Parks & Recreation.  Harford COunty Parks & Recreation assists us in getting fields, gym space, and school time.  The county does not supply any equipment, uniforms, or supplies needed to run a program.  Therefore, JRC must charge what it costs to run a program.  Budgets are available upon request along with actual financial information.

At what locations are the various sports and activities held?

We are preparing our location(s) map.  In the meantime, please contact your coach, league coordinator, or contact the program chairperson for you sport or activity.

Who maintains the various fields?

All fields located on school grounds are maintained by school custodians.  The exception is the infields are "dragged" by Harford County Parks & Recreation.  Copenhaver is maintained by Harford County Parks & Recreation.  It is our responsibility to make sure the fields stay litter free.  So please pick up any trash you see.

How can I become a sponsor?

We absolutely welcome sponsors to participate in our programs.  Simply contact one of our board members or program chairs.

I want to start a new program, what do I do?

Contact any executive board member to get more information or show up at a meeting with your plan.

When are your meetings?

General board meetings for all chairpersons are the fourth Monday of the following months:  January, April, July and October and are held at Joppatowne High School in the cafeteria at 7pm.  Executive board meetings are also held the fourth Monday of the following months: February, March, May, June, September, and November and are held at 6pm at Mariner Point Park.  All meetings are open to everyone.

External links are provided for reference purposes. Joppatowne Rec Council is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites.

Copyright 2022 by My League. | Privacy Notice

Sports league management software by SportsSignUp Play